Shabby background

March 18, 2012

week 11.

Sunday, March 11th
Further proof that we don't live in the jungle or remote forests of the world... our local supermarket has Old Spice!  That's for you, Dad!  (For those that don't know, my dad is famous for using Old Spice since, well... since forever).


Monday, March 12th
Spring is springing...


Tuesday, March 13th
Caution on the roads!  After my wallet was stolen, (the wallet where I was foolishly carrying my American driver's license which I had no real reason to use), it was quite a circus getting a replacement American one, which was necessary to "trade" for a Portuguese license.  Long story short, looks like I need to start learning to drive a manual car!




Wednesday, March 14th
Once more at our Association's farm, Quinta da Conraria, I was translating for our European volunteers as they observed an activity called "Os Bombos", or "The Drums".  It is an amazing activity for our clients, each with a varying level of disability.  They graciously allowed us to play the drums for a few songs, and after, played an entire set of traditional Portuguese music for us, which resulted in one of the clients who wasn't playing coming over to link arms with me, and before I knew it, sweeping me up into the middle of the circle to dance!  Not the most flattering photo of either of us, but it gave all of us quite a laugh, especially considering my lack of dancing skills!


Thursday, March 15th
My best friends this week...


Friday, March 16th
Finally got in to see my allergist (who's last name - not coincidentally - is "Tudo Bom", which means "All good"!), and though we had to wait over an hour, at least we had a pretty view of the city pre-rain!  Not to mention, she diagnosed both a virus and allergies, which I guess is good, because I can't imagine ever being this sick again just from seasonal allergies!


Saturday, March 17th
At least our kitchen knows it's St. Patrick's Day!  (Thanks for the towel, Mom!)  To close out the week, here's part of a prayer written by Senhor Pat himself...


Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,
Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ on my right, Christ on my left,
Christ when I lie down, Christ when I sit down,
Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of every man who speaks of me,
Christ in the eye that sees me,
Christ in the ear that hears me.

I arise today
Through a mighty strength, the invocation of the Trinity,
Through a belief in the Threeness,
Through a confession of the Oneness
Of the Creator of creation.

St. Patrick (ca. 377)


No comments:

Post a Comment